Welcome to my new home...
These words of welcome are spoken by the unknown poet of the Song of the Nibelungs.
Enter, follow him, and embark on a highly unusual journey!
- The Song of the Nibelungs is a UNESCO Memory of the World document. It was written down arround the year 1200 by an unknown poet.
- This heroic legend about the dragon-slayer Siegfried, mighty Brunhild from Iceland and Kriemhild with her thirst for revenge is set to a large extent in and around Worms.
- In the Nibelungen Museum Worms you can find out all about the Nibelung legend and its main characters.
- The voice that you can hear on the media guide belongs to the well-known German actor Mario Adorf, who helped to establish the Nibelungen Festival in Worms.
- The medieval city wall of Worms as the original setting is the ideal place for a journey back in time to an age of kings, myths and magic powers.
- This is a good place to pause on your walk to the Rhine Promenade. Admire the view from the city wall of the Gate Tower Square and see the burial mound that represents Siegfried’s grave and the fountains playing. Access to the towers and the battlement walkway is included in admission to the museum.